Job Description: Full Stack Web Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time Employee
Company: At Centervention®, we provide online games to help students in grades K-8 improve social and emotional skills. These games are fun for students, automatically gather data so educators can monitor progress, and include supplemental lessons to reinforce learning. With Centervention programs, educators meet students where they are, address their unique needs, and do so in a fun, effective way.
Presently, our programs are being used by over 10,000 educators in over 5,000 schools nationwide. And we are looking for the right, mission-driven person to build, enhance, and scale the websites that are used by educators to administer student access and to monitor student progress for each of our games.
Role and Responsibilities: As a Web Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Development of modern responsive applications sustainable on multiple browsers and devices.
- Work with sales, marketing, and game development team members to identify new web development requirements and prioritize the development backlog.
- Assist with DevOps responsibilities including maintaining AWS servers, sandbox servers, git and npm repos.
- Handle web-related technical issues and concerns, communicating directly with customers when necessary.
In this role, you will join a team committed to making a major impact in lives of millions of students across the United States.
Required Experience and Qualification:
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 3 or more years experience in web-development.
- Experience using Laravel or similar PHP framework as well as REST APIs.
- Confident with SQL queries and relational databases.
- Experience using Git and npm.
- Knowledgeable of MVC architecture.
- Comfortable with Linux and the command line.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- A personal desire to learn new skills.
- Comfort in dealing with the change and ambiguity of a startup environment
Compensation: Centervention offers employees market-rate salaries, health care, and a health savings account. Specifically, with this role, your annual salary will be determined by a combination of experience and market rates.
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and your resume (or link to your LinkedIn profile) to [email protected]