Job Description: Game Artist/Animator
Employment Type: Full-Time Employee or Contract
Company: At Centervention®, we provide online games to help students in grades K-8 improve social and emotional skills. These games are fun for students, automatically gather data so educators can monitor progress, and include supplemental lessons to reinforce learning. With Centervention programs, educators meet students where they are, address their unique needs, and do so in a fun, effective way.
Presently, our programs are being used by over 10,000 educators in over 5,000 schools nationwide. We are looking for the right mission-driven person to work with asset development and animation for instructional “Serious Games” development for children’s educational software. The ideal candidate is an outstanding 2D character and asset developer able to work closely with others on the Game Development team to develop high-quality art and animations for our newest program.
Role and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will join a team committed to making a major impact in lives of millions of students across the United States.
- Create assets from concept art through final art files ready to be implemented into games
- Create new and modify existing art in a set style appropriate for the audience
- Collaborate on game scene development with script-writers and developers
- Bring new ideas to the table based on your background and experience
Required Experience and Qualification:
- Must be willing to work from our office in Durham, NC
- College degree in Design/Animation or a related field or equal experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Animate/Flash art and animation
- Experience with Skeletal animation software such as Spine or DragonBones not required but is a plus
- Ability to create natural, smooth 2D animations
- Strong eye for innovation and design
- Excellent communication skills, able to work in a team environment
- Strong time-management abilities, self-starter
- Attention to detail is a must
Compensation: Centervention offers employees market-rate salaries, health care, and a health savings account. Specifically, with this role, your annual salary will be determined by a combination of experience and market rates.
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter, a link to your portfolio, and your resume (or link to your LinkedIn profile) to [email protected]