Position Has Been Filled!
Role and Responsibilities: As a Junior Game Developer, your initial full-time role will be to convert S.S. GRIN, one of our social and emotional learning games, from Adobe Flash to the Godot game engine. S.S. GRIN is a 2-D, dialogue-driven, point-and-click adventure game. Our senior game developer will oversee the project, but you will be the core developer working on the conversion. In addition, and as you gain experience, you will help maintain our existing HTML5 games and participate in the development of new games.
This is a full-time, salaried position in Durham, NC.
Required Experience and Qualification:
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 2 or more years experience in game development (school and side projects count).
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal or a similar game engine.
- Experience with the Godot game engine is a big plus.
- Experience with Flash and ActionScript is a plus.
- Experience with HTML5 game development is a plus.
- Comfortable with linear algebra.
- Experience using Git or other source control.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- A personal desire to learn new skills.
- Comfort in dealing with the change and ambiguity of a startup environment
Compensation: Centervention offers employees market-rate salaries, health care, and a health savings account. Specifically, with this role, your annual salary will be determined by a combination of experience and market rates.
Applying: Please email us at [email protected] and include your resume as well as a cover letter with a link to your portfolio if you have one.