Getting to know your students, and students getting to know each other, can be a real struggle, and this is especially true in remote learning environments. To help we’ve created a series of Would You Rather Questions for Kids based on the classic ice breaker game.
In the game, kids are presented with a question and two choices, and they must select a single answer. But in some cases, there may be a better answer than the two choices we provided. For example, with the question “Would you rather make a new student feel welcome or hang out with your current friends?,” a good answer would be to “make the new student feel welcome.” Perhaps a better answer would be to ask the new student to join you and your friends.
Each worksheet is a PDF with typeable fields so feel free to download and share them through Google Classroom or other online learning platform.
Another approach would be to copy and paste your favorite questions from the list below into Google Slides and work through the questions together as a group activity or use them as part of your Morning Meeting.
Recommended Grade Level: All
SEL Skill(s): Communication, Social Initiation
Duration: 30 minuntes
Instructions for Would You Rather Questions for Kids lesson
Using the most age appropriate worksheet, ask your students to choose an answer to each question. You can also ask them to elaborate why they made that selection and/or ask them to suggest a better answer.
Would you rather questions for kids in grades K-2
- Would you rather play outside or watch TV?
- Would you rather go to outer space or go to the beach?
- Would you rather share your cake or keep it all for yourself?
- Would you rather fly high like a bird or swim fast like a shark ?
- Would you rather eat something spicy or something sweet?
- Would you rather be one year older or one year younger?
Would you rather questions for kids in grades 3-5
- Would you rather be able to travel back in time or into the future?
- Would you rather find something you lost or get something brand new?
- Would you rather be famous or happy?
- Would you rather take care of someone or have someone take care of you?
- Would you rather work by yourself or in a group with others?
- Would you rather eat your favorite meal every day or eat different things?
Would you rather questions for middle school students
- Would you rather make a new student feel welcome or hang out with your current friends?
- Would you rather do most of the talking or most of the listening?
- Would you rather be the best athlete or have the best grades?
- Would you rather know what will happen in the future or be surprised by what happens?
- Would you rather be able to remember exactly what you see or be able to repeat every word you hear?
- Would you rather be able to write well or to draw well?
Would you rather questions for high school students
- Would you rather have an easy, but boring life or a challenging, but exciting life?
- Would you rather have one best friend or a lot of casual friends?
- Would you rather give a 2-minute speech in front of the class or write a 20-page report?
- Would you rather read a book or watch a documentary?
- Would you rather know exactly what someone is thinking or be good at reading body language?
- Would you rather speak 5 languages or be a great writer in 1?
For Educators: To assist you as you help students in their social emotional learning journey, we have created a series of lessons and printables that include characters and scenarios from our online SEL games. While you aren’t required to use our online programs in order to use the lessons, you can request a Free Trial here.