The lesson and positive self talk worksheet below will help your students identify examples of positive self-talk and help them use these in appropriate situations when they arise. And, this is a great activity to uncover and gain insights about how your students think.
- “What can you learn from that situation?”
- “What can you do differently next time?”
- “What can you tell yourself to help yourself feel better?”
- How To Be A Positive Kid by Caleb Maddix
- I Am Peace: A Book of Mindfulness by Susan Verde and Peter H. Reynolds
- Breathe Like a Bear: 30 Mindful Moments for Kids to Feel Calm and Focused Anytime, Anywhere by Kira Willey and Anni Betts
- Positive Ninja: A Children’s Book About Mindfulness and Managing Negative Emotions and Feelings by Mary Nhin and Jelena Stupar